Documentation Topics and Tutorials
The documentation is a work in progress and at the moment it may not fully reflect the code base as the code is moving really fast.
- First, learn what is a Photon project and its structure.
- Check how to configure your project.
- Understand the life cycle of a request.
- The Photon principles are the base against which new features are evaluated.
- The URL map, to map a path to a view.
- The command line utility to start/stop Photon or create new projects.
- The high performance templating engine to write HTML the easy way.
- Session handling.
- Model storage.
- Testing of your application.
- Background tasks to run asynchronous work or special services.
On the To-Do-List
- Add events and hooks.
- Add MongoDB and in memory session handlers.
- Add ACL system with clients/users and groups with MongoDB and text based ACL storages.
The goal is as always, to keep the core of Photon small and easy to understand. The specialized components will not be integrated within Photon but delivered as Particles of a Photon project. www.particles-project.com will be the host of a large collection of high quality components.
Each time a storage is needed to handle a specific task, for example session, acl storage, etc. At least two reference backends implementation will be provided. This is to have a clean API and serve as an example for you to create your own storage layers.